AirAsia has recently Malaysian launched its loyalty programme called Big. This loyalty programme enables members to earn points (biggies) which can be redeemed for benefits including Air Asia flights, e-gift vouchers and merchandise.
You can earn points by purchasing Air Asia flights and products, or when they spend with any of the airline’s partners in either Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand or Indonesia, which are set to include Budget, Avis, Citibank, Diners Club, Hertz and Tune Hotels.
Many merchandise will participate in this loyalty programme, the Avis and Hilton Hotels and Resorts is expected to be global partners for earning. For shopping, members can also earn points by shopping at more than 1,000 retailers or at Air Asia’s megastore (airasiamegastore.com).
How to earn point ?
You can earn point for every money spent on :
- RM4 spent on an Air Asia flight fare
- RM2 spent if the flight is booked with any add-on such as a pre-booked meal
- RM1 spent when purchasing a Premium Seat ticket.
All points can later be redeemed once 1,000 biggies have been banked. Air Asia says that all seats are available for redemptions, and as such rates will vary according to demand.
For example of free air fare using the Biggies :
- 500 points – Siem Riep, Penang or Singapore,
- 1,000 points – Bangkok
- 5,000 points – Bali, Ho Chi Minh City, Macau and Guangzhou
- 15,000 points – Delhi, Perth, and Tianjin,
- 30,000 points – Melbourne, New Zealand, Seoul and Tokyo.
There are no blackout dates, and members are responsible for payment of taxes and charges with all redemptions.