This effortless meal from the oven features mozzarella-topped chicken breasts baked in an Italian-seasoned tomato sauce…and it’s on the table in just 40 minutes!
- 1 1/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast half
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s® Healthy Request® Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- dried oregano leaves , crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 of a 1-pound package corkscrew-shaped pasta (rotini) (about 3 cups), cooked without salt and drained
- Place the chicken into a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Stir the soup, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Spoon the soup mixture over the chicken.
- Bake at 400°F. for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with the cheese. Serve the chicken and sauce with the pasta.
- Ingredient Note: We develop our recipes using a 4-to 5-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast half per serving. However, there are a range of sizes available in-store, from the butcher counter to the meat case and the freezer section. Use whichever you prefer- just follow the recipe as written above for the best result. If you’re using larger chicken breasts they may require a little longer cooking time.
Provided by: Campbell’s Kitchen