This colorful and creamy rice supper cooks quickly in the skillet, and includes chicken, peas and carrots enhanced with a pleasing roasted garlic flavor.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast half (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic Soup
- 2 cup water
- 2 cup uncooked instant white rice
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Stir the soups and water in the skillet and heat to a boil. Stir in the rice and vegetables. Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the skillet from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Tip: Traditionally, risotto is made by sautéeing rice in butter then stirring broth into the rice a little at a time- very labor-intensive. This dish gives you the same creamy texture with a lot less work!
Provided by: Campbell’s Kitchen