Cyclone Ethel is the 5th cyclonic event affecting our region this season and the first to affect our territories. According to initial meteorological prediction, Ethel is to influence Rodrigues weather and the system should pass near or over the Island during Friday 20th January evening. As usual, we will update with all major information here A.W.H.I. Keep in touch.
20 January 2012 at 04:00
- Cyclone Warning for Rodrigues: TWO
- Cyclone Warning for Mauritius: NONE
- Location: 18.0 ° S – 65.0 ° E
- Distance: 270 Km North East Rodrigues
- Direction Moving & Speed: South West at 20Km/h
- Other Information: Approaches Rodrigues and Warning 3 is predicted for today evening.
By Kurt Avish