Served room temperature or chilled, this salad - combining tangy oranges, sweet and crunchy fennel and zesty marinated pork – is delightful for a warm summer evening.
- 1 large orange
- Chipotle-Marinated Pork Tenderloin, grilled (see below), thinly sliced and cut into strips
- 1 small head fennel (about 8 ounces), trimmed, cored and sliced paper-thin
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon walnut or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons pepitas (pumpkin seeds), toasted (see Ingredient Note)
- With a sharp knife, remove the peel and skin from the orange. Working over a large bowl to catch the juice, cut the segments from their surrounding membranes. (Discard membranes, pith and skin.) Add pork, fennel, onion, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to the bowl; toss to combine. Sprinkle with pepitas.
- Ingredient Note: Pepitas, olive-green-hulled pumpkin seeds, are commonly used in Mexicancooking. Find them in the bulk-foods section of natural-foods markets or Mexican grocers.
- To toast seeds: Cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Related Recipe: Chipotle-Marinated Pork Tenderloin
total 329 calories/serving
Provided by: EatingWell