Roasting grape tomatoes with olive oil and garlic produces a quick base for a pasta dish rounded out with Parmesan cheese and basil.
- 6 cups grape tomatoes (about 32 ounces)
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 4 cups boneless, skinless, rotisserie chicken pieces
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped basil or flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 F. with rack in lower third.
- Put tomatoes, garlic and a pinch of salt in one layer in a large shallow baking pan, then combine with oil and roast in oven until browned and softened, 20 to 25 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta in a pasta pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water, then drain pasta. Toss pasta with tomato mixture, chicken, cheese, basil and salt and pepper to taste. Add reserved cooking water (a little at a time) as needed if mixture seems a bit sticky.
Provided by: Alexis Touchet