Durham Tees Valley Airport put up for sale

Durham Tees Valley Airport put up for sale

Durham Tees Valley Airport put up for sale

By Coreena Ford

A NORTH East airport has been put up for sale.

Peel Airports Limited has announced it is actively looking for a buyer to take over the majority shareholding it holds in the airport.
The firm owns 75%, with six local authorities owning the remaining 25%.

A statement released by Durham Tees Valley Airport reads: “Peel Airports Limited has decided to sell the majority shareholding it holds in
Durham Tees Valley Airport.
“As a consequence, PwC have been appointed to actively seek a buyer for these shares and to oversee any subsequent sale process.
“Peel Airports has made this decision as Durham Tees Valley Airport no longer fits within the company’s strategic plans for its portfolio of airports.
“Durham Tees Valley Airport will continue to operate as normal during this process with passengers due to travel over the coming weeks and employees based at the Airport unaffected by this decision.”

Source: journallive



Privacy policyContact us | Advertise with us