- 6 medium (5 oz each) Yukon Gold potatoes
- 6 large shallots, sliced 1/8 in. thick
- Nonstick spray
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat garlic and herb cheese spread
- 1 cup shredded Colby or Cheddar cheese
- Garnish: finely chopped parsley and red bell pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F. You’ll need a rimmed baking sheet coated with nonstick spray. Prick each potato a few times with a fork. Place on 1 side of baking sheet. Scatter shallots in an even layer on other side. Coat shallots with spray.
- Bake 25 minutes, tossing shallots once, or until golden; remove. Continue baking potatoes 35 minutes or until soft.
- When cool enough to handle, cut potatoes in half. Scoop insides into a medium bowl. Mash until smooth, adding milk a little at a time. Beat in salt and cheese spread, then Colby cheese. Stir in half the shallots. Spoon into skins.
- Decrease oven temperature to 375°F; return potatoes to rimmed baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle with remaining shallots. Transfer to serving platter; garnish.
Provided by: Woman’s Day